This Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto is so a dish everybody is able to appreciate, vegans and meat-eaters alike. Additionally, risottos are obviously gluten-free also!
Risottos are my favorite dinners. When made directly, they’re creamy and rich. Risotto rice picks up flavors too nicely, thus there’s a good deal of possibility to generate a badly amazing-tasting dish.
Many people make it out to seem very complex but I really consider it a really simple dish. However, i have more tips to make this so creamiest:
- Stirring regularly, stirring constantly will help the rice release the starch.
- Adding the stock in a little at a time, waiting until every ladel-full has been absorbed can help make this gluey texture.
- This is accomplished in the end of the recipe, once the rice is nearly cooked and the liquid has almost been absorbed. Remove the rice from the heat and stir for a few minutes. Then add an additional ingredients, like a dairy-free, fresh-herbs, vegan cheese, oil or nooch.
I understand roasting the veggies add more time and effort, but I really do believe it is worthwhile flavour-wise. If you are short on time or feeling lazy, feel free to sauté the veggies instead.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Golden Rice with Spiced Chickpeas
- Vegan Spaghetti with Chickpeas
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bars
Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
For the Roasted Vegetables
- 300 g cherry-tomatoes
- 2 red-peppers
- 1 large courgette zucchini
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
For the Risotto
- 250 ml vegetable-stock
- 1 large red-onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 250 ml passata
- 225 g risotto-rice
- 1 tbsp balsamic-vinegar
- Approx 6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped into small chunks
- A small bunch of fresh basil torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- vegan parmesan or nooch to serve (Optional)
To roast the Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then add olive-oil into a roasting tin.
- Chop the veggies into small-chunks & spread-out in the tin, then add pepper and salt prior to giving everything a shake to coat.
- Then roast for half an hour.
To make the Risotto
- Add olive oil into a shallow casserole-dish or large-pan, on a low-medium-heat.
- Sauté the onion for a couple of minutes before adding the minced garlic and cooking for a few minute.
- Stir in the rice using the vinegar then stir for 30seconds, then to coating it from the oil.
- Pour at the vegetable stock and passata, 1/2 cup at a time, alternating between both. Allow each amount to be absorbed by the rice before adding the next.
- After 20 minutes, then add from the sundried-tomatoes along with veggies. Stir everything, then add more liquid if necessary and cook for 5minutes or tlil all is cooked through and the rice is finished.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, pepper and salt along with vegan-cheese (if using). Don’t hesitate to stir in any excess dairy-free butter or oil in this stage to get an extra creamy-risotto.
- Serve and enjoy!