This Avocado Pasta Salad recipe is a healthy salad that is ideal food. It’s a rich creamy avocado sauce with corn and tomatoes. So delicious and really simple to make!
Pick any pasta you would like, include some veggies, such as cherry sweet corn and tomatoes, then chuck it into a homemade creamy avocado dressing that is made with avocados, spinach and almond milk.
The dressing provides the pasta salad a vibrant colour, and also the vegetables round out the tastes of this pasta salad to ensure it is nicely balanced and pleasing!
This avocado pasta sauce is rich and creamy, and it attracts each the flavors in the dish together. It is a fantastic no mayo alternative for a rice dressing which also happens to be paleo as well as vegetarian. This is an excellent healthier pasta sauce that’s so far better than store bought!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They’ll last about 2-days in the refrigerator. However because of the oxidation of avocados, I would advise consuming within a day of making the pasta salad.
Tips for making avocado pasta salad:
- Use ripe avocados. This helps to combine a great deal more readily, and provides a more creamy and rich consistency like that of mayonnaise.
- Cook the pasta al dente. I recommend cooking pasta al dente for salads. It keeps the pasta firm so that it will not become mushy when tossed with the dressing.
- Do not wash the pasta off once it is done cooking. Dress the pasta salad hot so that it sucks the dressing and clings to it without sauce remaining at the base of the dish. Permit the avocado dressing to cool the pasta down.
- Salt aggressively. It’s important to salt the boiling water before adding the pasta. Salt penetrates the pasta when boiling. Therefore, in the event that you miss this step, it’ll be quite tough to compensate for it following the pasta is finished cooking.
Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- 1 ripe avocado peeled stone and chopped
- 12 oz rotini pasta or other short cut pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh basil for serving
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
For the Dressing
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and cored
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large-pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions but reduce cooking time by two minutes pasta is al dente, drain well.
- You are able to thaw the frozen corn from the pasta cooking water in the past 3-4 minutes of cooking time.
- To make the avocado dressing, combine the avocados, spinach, almond milk, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic into a blender or food-processor. Season with pepper and salt.
- With the motor running, then add olive oil gradually till dressing is emulsified, creamy and smooth.
- In a large-bowl, toss the pasta with the dressing, tomatoes, avocados and corn.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Please, if you like this Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!