This dish packs a hearty dose of vegetables, meanwhile minding all of the cheesy goodness you search for in a casserole. Made with low-fat feta and parmesan, this recipe also utilizes whole-wheat bread-crumbs to keep things light.
And if you believed those veggies were simply to cut calories, then think again. So delicious, these chance to be some of the healthiest vegetables around.
Not only are you really getting a meal both filling and light, however these vegetables also pack a considerable dose of vitamins. Meanwhile, pairing a few of the best ingredients makes this baked zucchini dish the ideal meal.
Casseroles have a bad-rap because high-calories food, but this vegetarian dish is all about to change this. With this particular baked zucchini, spinach, and feta casserole, what you see is exactly what you get.
Baked Zucchini Spinach and Feta Casserole
- 3 cups baby-spinach
- ¼ cup fat-free feta-cheese crumbled
- 2 small yellow-squash diced small
- ¼ cup low-fat parmesan-cheese grated
- 2 small zucchini diced small
- ½ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried-basil leaves
- 2 egg-whites
- 2 tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp ground black-pepper
- ½ tsp kosher-salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13″ casserole-dish using non-stick spray and put aside.
- In a large-skillet heat olive-oil. Once hot, add the zucchini, spinach and yellow-squash.
- Then cook for 5minutes, till spinach is wilted and squash is soft. Drain off any excess liquid & put in a large mixing-bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into mixing-bowl with the spinach mix. Blend well & spread the mixture in an even layer in the prepared casserole-dish.
- Bake for 30-40minutes till golden-brown on top. Let cool slightly before serving.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Baked Zucchini Spinach and Feta Casserole recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Curried Couscous Salad
- Mama’s Chickpeas in Sofrito with Arroz con Gandules
- Best of Cauliflower Parmesan
- Easy Taco Lasagna – Mexican Casserole
- Best Grilled Bruschetta Chicken