These vegan spaghetti with chickpeas, olives and artichokes create the best weeknight-meal! The recipe could not be much simpler, it is packed with taste, plus it requires minimum preparation.
You do not require many fresh ingredients with this simple vegan pasta dish, so it is ideal for busy times. Perhaps you have already got almost all of the necessary components in your cabinet.
The recipe for these vegan spaghetti could not be a lot simpler. It is among my all-time favourite weeknight meals and it is almost always a massive hit with everybody.
These vegan spaghetti is so work, because there are easy to make (only 15 minutes), budget-friendly, packed with Mediterranean flavors, perfect for the whole family, high in protein, easy to make gluten-free, fresh and comforting.
Vegan Spaghetti Recipe Notes:
- I typically use whole brown-rice or wheat-spaghetti for this recipe. To get a gluten-free, I suggest use chickpea spaghetti or brown rice.
- The recipe calls for canned chickpeas. However, you can additionally use home cooked chickpeas (I usually cook them into my IP). 1 15-oz can of chickpeas equals a 3/4 cup dried beans.
- For a milder version, you might also use zoodles (zucchini noodles) rather than regular pasta.
- If you would like to earn the vegan spaghetti sauce a little more spicy, raise the quantity of red pepper flakes.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Spaghetti with Chickpeas Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Golden Rice with Spiced Chickpeas
- Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bars
- 8 oz spaghetti (regular, whole wheat, or brown rice spaghetti)
- ½ cup black olives cut into rings
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1-2 tbsp fresh-oregano
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ cup artichoke hearts in oil roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- red-pepper-flakes to taste
- black-pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Cook the pasta in accordance with the directions on the package. Put aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat some oil into a large-pan then sauté the onion for 3minutes or till it becomes translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for a more minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and season with oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt then let it simmer for 5minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain & rinse chickpeas and roughly-chop the artichokes. Cut the olives into rings.
- Add the chickpeas, black-olives, artichokes and capers to the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh-oregano.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti and then serve immediately.