This Curried Couscous Salad is fresh and light and full of flavour. You will love it to get a nutritious lunch or a tasty side.
Curried Couscous salad is a tasty mix of spiced couscous, chopped veggies, along with a light dressing. It’s packed with flavor without being thick, and it is vegan-friendly. The mix of paprika, cumin and curry provide the chickpeas a wonderful-kick of flavor that is offset from the cool, crisp veggies and greens.
Couscous is famous for being a nutritious alternative to other grains, such as pasta or rice. Couscous is made from semolina and cooks up soft and light.
It’s little salt or fat, plus in addition it contains fiber, protein, minerals and vitamins. Which makes it a wonderful addition to any salad. If you are prepared to accelerate your salad path, then that Curried Couscous Salad is your thing to do.
Tips and Tricks for the Curried Couscous Salad
- Try other veggies: this salad is quite versatile. You may use your favourite veggies rather than those in this recipe to make it better suit your own taste.
- Use a salad spinner: once you rinse the greens, then set them in a salad spinner (should you’ve got one). A salad spinner removes the moisture, so the greens are not-soggy and fresh.
- Cool the couscous: allow the couscous-cool before adding it into the salad so that it will not induce the lettuce to wilt under the heat.
- Use your leftovers as a side: leftover couscous makes a wonderful side-dish. Just reheat it on the stovetop and then serve.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Curried Couscous Salad Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Ginger Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Stew With Lentils and Kale
- Vegan Spaghetti with Chickpeas
- Mama’s Chickpeas in Sofrito with Arroz con Gandules
- Best of Cauliflower Parmesan
- Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos
Curried Couscous Salad
For the Couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water salted to taste
- 1 cup whole wheat pearled couscous
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ small onion diced
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
For the Salad
- 2 small cucumbers cubed
- 2 handfuls spring mix greens
- ¼ tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 scallion stalks diced
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- In a medium-pot, add the oil and saute the onion and garlic till lightly browned.
- Add the paprika, curry powder and cumin and stir till coat the veggies.
- Add the veggie broth and couscous. Stir and cover the pot, cook till the couscous is fluffy and tender.
- In a bowl, then add the spring mixture. Add the cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, couscous and cucumbers at the top.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the salad and add olive oil. Then sprinkle it with pepper and salt to taste. Using 2-spoons, toss the salad. Plate and serve.