This easy simple crepes recipe adding filling options for savory, sweet crepes. Plus step by step create crepes in a frying pan or skillet. So delicious and you will be love it!
I like crepes for dessert, breakfast, lunch or dinner! They are simple to create and we particularly enjoy them on special occasions such as birthdays.
They’re French-style-pancakeswhich are folded or rolled with a filling inside. They are distinct from American pancakes because they do not have a rising agent in them (such as baking soda or baking soda ) so that they turn outside wafer delicate and thin, instead of fluffy and thick.
Savory Crepe filling ideas: Ham, chicken, cheese, mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes.
Topping savory crepes using a white-béchamel-sauce (such as the béchamel employed in croque-monsieur-sandwiches).
Breakfast Crepes: Mix all favourite veggies with cream cheese, whipping cream, Nutella, or you can create savory breakfast crepes using a protein like (bacon, eggs, ham, sausage) veggies like (tomato, onion, spinach) as well as cheese.
Sweet Crepes: fruit, cream cheese, Nutella fillings topped the whipped cream, powdered sugar or even a drizzle of hot-fudge-sauce.
Storing and Freezing:
Crepe batter could be create 1-day in advance, kept in the fridge.
Cooked crepes will continue for 2-3days saved in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 3-months.
Reheat in the microwave, covered with a damp paper towel for 15-20seconds or till soft and warm.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy How to make Crepes Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Curried Couscous Salad
- Best of Cauliflower Parmesan
- Easy Taco Lasagna – Mexican Casserole
- Best of Chicken Parmesan
- Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos
Easy How to make Crepes Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- dash salt
- Add all ingredients into a blender and mix till smooth. Then scrape-down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Chill the crepe batter for 30-60minutes if at all possible, or around 1-day.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over moderate heat. Grease lightly with cooking-spray or butter if necessary.
- When the pan is hot, pour around ¼ cup of batter into the skillet, swirling it around the pan as you pour into form a large, thin pancakes.
- Cook for a few second on each side, turning once, till lightly golden.
- Stack cooked crepes on a plate and cover with a towel or tinfoil, if wanted to keep them warm.
- Serve and you can add topping or filling if desired.