Vegan Apple Broccoli Salad has everybody’s favourite fruits and vegetables. You throw everything into a bowl then put into the somewhat sweet and tangy dressing. So healthy and delicious!
This fruit and vegetable salad can be made with your favourite apple though Granny Smith is probably overly sour.
See how easy? Not just that, it is doubly rewarding once you take a bite.
Tips for the Apple Broccoli Salad recipe:
You can to purchase broccoli slaw. It is going to also taste good and you may chop the garlic finely or you could mince it.
I am trying to consider how on earth this apple cider salad can be made any simpler. How about creating dressing. It does not create the salad quicker but it helps to make your next salad yummy.
Please, if you like this Vegan Apple Broccoli Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Vegan Apple Broccoli Salad
For the Salad
- 3 apples of your choice diced right before you add them to the salad, I used Gala
- ¼ cup onion red diced
- 4 cups broccoli cut up and shredded about 2 medium heads
- ½ cup sunflower seeds shelled
- ½ cup raisins
For the Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup you could use up to 2 tbsp
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Prepare the Salad
- Wash broccoli under water. Cut the florets in the stalks and place the stalks apart and then cut the florets into very tiny pieces.
- Cut the outer skin from the stems to get to the down tender inside. Discard the outer peelings. Cut the tender inside stems to matchsticks. Or in case you’ve got a mandolin that will work well also.
- In case your food-processor has an attachment which will cut the stems to long strips (not grated) then would work too. Scissors work also.
- Add to the Big bowl along with the florets and then add the red onion, apples, sunflower seeds and raisins.
To make the Dressing
- In a medium-bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Then add the dressing to the salad and toss and chill till ready to serve.