All these chicken wraps with peanut sauce are such a simple and healthful lunch. Tortillas filled with chicken, peanuts and crunch coleslaw using a spicy, tangy peanut sauce. Don’t hesitate to swap shop bought sauce to make them easier.
I have had excellent results with shop bought peanut sauce, therefore that I would recommend this just as much a homemade sauce. If you would like it, then my go-to peanut sauce is recorded at the recipe card under.
I like to pound my chicken breast to about 1″ inch thickness and season them with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Then I cook them in a frying pan with a tiny bit of oil. I love to pound chicken breast to for 1-inch thickness then season them with granulated garlic, pepper and salt. Then cook them into a frying-pan with a small bit of oil.
Mix the shredded carrots, cabbage, peanut and cilantro in a large- bowl. Mix it together with the peanut sauce (add 2-3 tbsp of water if you are using store bought sauce, simply to thin at a little ).
Fill each tortilla with equivalent quantities of chicken and coleslaw mix. Fold in sides and roll to make a wrap, and then cut in half before serving. Should you want to, then fasten the wraps together with toothpicks to keep them all together.
Tips for making Asian Peanut Chicken Wrap:
- If you would like to prepare this chicken wrap recipe beforehand, hold of assembling till ready to serve to maintain the tortillas from becoming soggy.
- In case you don’t like cilantro, you may easily leave it out or substitute green onion or fresh chives.
- To make this recipe gluten free, swap tamari sauce to the soy sauce and then use gluten free tortilla warps.
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Baked Caesar Chicken
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bars
- Vegan Spaghetti with Chickpeas
- Creamy Golden Rice with Spiced Chickpeas
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
Asian Peanut Chicken Wrap
For the Chicken Wraps
- 6 large tortillas
- 2 cooked chicken-breasts chopped or sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped fresh-cilantro
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
For the Peanut Sauce
- 3 tbsp unseasoned rice-vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut-butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- ¼ – ½ tsp crushed red-pepper-flakes
- 1 tbsp grated fresh-ginger
- ¼ cup olive-oil (or vegetable oil)
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a medium-bowl, whisk together the peanut-sauce ingredients.
- In a different bowl, then add the carrots, cabbage, peanuts and cilantro. Pour the sauce over the mix and stir. Let’s sit while you prepare the chicken and tortillas.
- Heat the tortillas for 10minutes in the microwave to make them easier to use.
- Split the chicken and coleslaw between every tortilla.
- Roll tightly, securing with toothpicks if needed.