Spaghetti alla Carbonara is the best meal on a busy-weeknight. It is indulgent, yet fast and simple. A tasty carbonara sauce with Parmesan cheese, bacon and pasta.
It is a very simple pasta-dish from Italy that is traditionally made from eggs, Parmesan cheese and pancetta. There are variations and lots of the time bacon is utilized instead of the pancetta, and that’s exactly what I like to utilize. I can not always find bacon and pancetta is a fantastic substitute.
Spaghetti alla Carbonara sounds really fancy, does not it? It sounds fancy but it is a super simple pasta recipe you can create in under half an hour. If you like bacon, cheese and pasta you will enjoy it.
The intriguing thing about this dish is the way the eggs are cooked. When the pasta is boiled and while it is still hot you add the eggs with the cheese and toss them together with the hot-pasta.
The eggs cook very quickly this way and make a light and velvety sauce. Carbonara have a few ingredients, but it’s excellent flavor, it sounds far more complicated than it truly is.
I like to get my water boiling first. While I am waiting for it to boil, I prep each the other ingredients. You wish everything ready when you place the pasta in since this recipe goes quickly.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Spaghetti alla Carbonara Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bars
- Vegan Spaghetti with Chickpeas
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
- Asian Peanut Chicken Wrap
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- 1 lb dry spaghetti-noodles
- 12 oz bacon cubed
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground-black-pepper
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan-cheese
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions. When draining pasta reserve½ c. pasta-water to use in the sauce.
- Heat a deep skillet over moderate heat. Then add the sliced bacon and simmer for 5minutes, or till the bacon is crispy. Toss the garlic to the skillet & saute for a few minute.
- Add the hot drained spaghetti then toss for a few minutes to coat the pasta with bacon-fat. Then remove pan from heat.
- Beat parmesan and eggs together in a mixing-bowl. Then add mixture to the pasta, whisking till eggs thicken, but don’t scramble.
- Thin out the sauce with reserved pasta-water if desired. Season carbonara with black pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.