Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and simple one-pot meal. With simple ingredients such as chicken, rice, egg, peas and carrots. Fantastic for a weeknight dinner or dinner prep lunch!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is rapidly turning into a go-to recipe for lunch meal preparation. This rice is not really fried, but this recipe is a wonderful choice if you don’t have leftover cooked rice!
Recipe Notes for the Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- For the best results, I suggest a good quality jasmine rice.
- Should you use basmati, I propose adding an additional moment of cook some time (4 minutes total).
- Brown rice won’t work in this recipe, since it takes a far longer cook time.
- Inactive time indicates time for the Instant Pot to come back to stress and discharge pressure.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Chicken Parmesan
- Sticky Asian Chicken Thighs and Spicy Green Beans
- Keto Cashew Chicken
- Asian Peanut Chicken Wrap
- Baked Caesar Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 ½ cups uncooked jasmine rice rinsed until water runs clear (see note 1)
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breast ½-inch dice
- 2 eggs whisked
- ½ cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce or wheat-free tamari adjust to taste
- hot sauce, sriracha pairs well (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- Turn on the Sauté Work on the Instant Pot. Then warm 1 tsp vegetable oil and add the whisked egg.
- Push the eggs with a spatula to scramble them till completely cooked. Transfer the eggs to a plate and put aside.
- Heat another tsp vegetable oil at the add then add the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic till aromatic for a few minute, stirring regularly.
- Turn off the Sauté feature, then pour in a small amount of chicken-broth then use a spatula to scrape-up every last bit of food stuck into the bottom of the insert. It is important to prevent a burn off warning.
- Pour rest of the broth, then add the diced chicken, diced carrots and rice. Push down the rice to be only submerged from the broth, but don’t stir.
- Close and seal the lid and cook Manual high-pressure for 3minutes. In the end of cooking time, allow the pressure to discharge naturally for 10minutes, then speedy discharge the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lid, then add the sesame oil & soy sauce and stir till the rice is well coated. Add the peas and reserved scrambled-egg, continue to blend till well blended.
- Put the lid askew on the pot for a moment or two to allow the egg and peas to heat through.
- Serve immediately.