Taco Lasagna has all your favorite taco ingredients and can be prepared in under one hour. You will love this simple Mexican casserole.
It is not lasagna generally, since devours this taco lasagna with flour-tortillas. Mexican dishes usually bring smiles around the table and also this cheesy taco lasagna recipe using Rotel tomatoes is not any different!
It is possible to freeze taco lasagna till you bake it. Freeze for up to 2-months, wrap it in plastic wrap, then again in foil. Remove it from the refrigerator one hour before baking as the recipe indicates.
You may use any sort of ground meat you would enjoy: chicken, beef, pork or turkey. You might even use chorizo sausage. In case you’ve got pre-cooked stained chicken, you can use that too.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Taco Lasagna Mexican Casserole Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Best of Chicken Parmesan
- Low Carb Mushroom and Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- Delicious Salmon Taco Bowls For Two
- Mama’s Chickpeas in Sofrito with Arroz con Gandules
- Ginger Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Stew With Lentils and Kale
- Peanut Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles (30 Minute)
- Delicious Cream Cheese Pasta – 10 minutes
Easy Taco Lasagna Mexican Casserole
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 9 flour tortillas (8-inches)
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained (about 1 can)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 29 oz Mexican diced tomatoes undrained (2 cans, 14 ½ oz each) (Rotel Mexican)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 16 oz refried beans (about 1 can)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then spray at 9×13" baking-pan with cooking spray.
- In a large-skillet cook the beef, onion & pepper over medium-heat till the meat is no-longer-pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add taco seasoning packets and water. Bring to a boil, then educe heat and simmer, uncovered for 2minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes (with juice) and black beans. Simmer, uncovered for 10minutes.
- Place 2-tortillas in the bottom of a greased 13×9″ baking-dish. Break a third tortilla and piece it together in any holes to create as much of a whole layer of tortillas.
- Spread with half the refried-beans and half the beef mixture, then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Spread with half the refried-beans and half the beef mixture, then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers (3 tortillas, remaining beef, remaining beans, 1 cup of cheese).
- Top with remaining tortillas and 2-cups cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or till heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream.