Chicken Parmesan this is easily the best recipe I have ever attempted and maybe become your new favorite also. Tender crusted chicken, to the gooey melted cheese, as well as the last coat of fresh marinara and basil. So delicious!
Why this Chicken Parmesan recipe you’ll want for life?
A totally golden brown crispy parmesan crust. This is amazingly crisp as a result of this additional crispy-Panko & frying in olive oil.
It’s great taste throughout. There is parmesan and herbs at the breading, 2-types of cheese cover on the top, garlic, onion and basil in the homemade marinara, and it is finished with fresh basil.
The cheese is not too chewy. Should you pull it from the broiler after a moment or two it should nonetheless be stretchy and gooey.
Sauce just covered the cheese that protects that crispy coating of crumbs, which means that you will end up with a soggy breading.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Chicken Parmesan Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Keto Cashew Chicken
- Sticky Asian Chicken Thighs and Spicy Green Beans
- Asian Peanut Chicken Wrap
- Tomato and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
- Low Carb Mushroom and Spinach Cauliflower Rice
For Marinara Sauce
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves minced (2 tsp)
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can crushed Roma tomatoes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts butterflied and separated, and pounded to ½-inch thickness (about 8 oz)
- 2 oz whole-milk mozzarella cheese shredded (½ cup)
- 2 oz provolone cheese shredded (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese finely shredded (½ cup)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
For the Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp olive-oil in a medium-sauce-pan over medium-high-heat. Then add onions & simmer for 2minutes. Continue to add garlic and saute a few seconds.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, 2 fresh basil sprigs and ¼ tsp, then season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low & allow to simmer for 20minutes, stirring occasionally, till thickened.
- Remove basil, remove from heat and cover saucepan with lid.
For the Chicken
- While sauce is simmering, sprinkle each side of the chicken cutlet lightly with salt and let stand at room temperature for 10minutes.
- Adjust oven rack 4-inches from broiler element and preheat broiler.
- In a shallow-dish, whisk together egg and flour till smooth. In another shallow-dish, throw together Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper-towels and then working with 1 chicken cutlet at a time, dredge chicken in egg mixture coating either side and letting excess to run-off.
- Then instantly move to Parmesan mixture and coat both sides with mixture, while pressing allow crumbs to stick.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and repeat procedure with remaining chicken cutlets. Pour olive oil into a skillet and heat within medium-high-heat.
- After oil is shimmering, add 2-coated chicken cutlets & fry without Transferring them till Underside is crispy and golden brown, for 2-3minutes
- Then utilizing metal tongs to reverse side & cook till golden-brown for 2-3minutes or more (chicken ought to be approximately 155°, it will to cook only temporarily in oven).
- Transfer fried-chicken into a baking-sheet. Repeat process with remaining 2-pieces of chicken.
- Toss Mozzarella and provolone together & sprinkle cheese mix in a mound above cutlets.
- Broil in oven till cheese is melted (it is possible to let it brown a little if you prefer ) for 1-2minutes (keep a close watch on it!).
- Remove from oven and cover every cutlet with marinara-sauce. Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining fresh basil.
- Serve immediately (add more sauce with pasta on the side if desired).